Wednesday, 22 November 2023
Come along to find out more about the Offshore Wind proposal - at a range of events near you
More Information (Soleil Radio is not responsible for external websites)
Islanders are invited to drop in at any time during this session to learn more about the recently announced proposals for an offshore wind farm in the southwest of Jersey’s waters.
In October, the Minister for the Environment announced a project that would see a facility of up to around 1,000MW created, producing enough electricity to exceed the Island’s own needs, with the remainder to be exported.
In Spring 2024, States Members will debate the principle of the idea.
This session is part of a 14-week engagement and consultation period and will give Islanders opportunity to ask questions and give feedback.
For more information and to complete the consultation survey, please visit www.gov.je/OffshoreWindConsultation
The next drop-in sessions will be held on:
- Thursday 23 November 8.30am to 10am at St Clement Parish Hall
- Saturday 25 November 10am to 12pm at the Town Hall, St Helier
- Tuesday 28 November 11am to 12.30pm at St Ouen Parish Hall
- Tuesday 28 November 1.15pm to 2.45pm at St Saviour Parish Hall
- Tuesday 28 November 3.30pm to 5pm at St Lawrence School Hall
- Saturday 9 December 10am to 11.30am at Communicare, St Brelade
- Monday 11 December 9am to 10.30am at St Mary Youth and Community Centre
- Tuesday 12 December 2pm to 3.30 pm at St Martin Public Hall
- Thursday 14 December 12:30pm to 2pm at Santander Work Café, St Helier Central
- Friday 15 December 10am to 11.30am at Trinity Parish Hall
St Peter's Parish Hall
La Rue Des Fosses
The event runs from 18:00 to 19:30 on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.